Your first travel abroad for an island vacation needs to be well prepared to guarantee you the success. Apart from your choice of island for your travel destination you need to prepare a number of things.
Some are essential for your safe travel. Other items and things to remember might just help you to get the most out of your first travel abroad.
But first – do not forget the packing checklist:
Print and keep the packing checklist and bring it with you to the island – check off the list at home to remember everything. Use it again when your stay abroad is coming to an end and you prepare for leaving the island. This is my best island vacation tips today.
- Travel tickets
- Passport – and valid in long time enough
- Photocopies of your passport as backup and kept separately
- Travel payment documentation
- Hotel vouchers or the like
- Local money for the island and may be transition countries
- Some back up money in your own currency
- Visa or other needed admission document to the country of the island
- Needed vaccinations and proper documentation
- Travel insurance – make sure it covers all risks of health hazards
- A hard suitcase with code lock or other save lock
- Leave your itinerary and information about addresses where you stay at the island to people you trust (family or a friend)
- Bring your driving license – an international diving license if you expect to drive on the island
- List of phone numbers and addresses on paper – your mobile phone list isn’t enough if you loose it.
- List of phone numbers for reporting problems with your credit cards on your travel
- Your prescription medicine
- Medicine to prevent seasickness or the like
- Some emergency medicine and tools if you get problems with your stomach or infections.
- List of addresses you want to send postcards from the island for friends and family
- List of emails you might need during your island vacation
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion to prevent sunburn – often a big problem during an island vacation.
- Cloths for the relevant kinds of weather conditions – often a big difference of the temperature from midday to late night on an island.
- Equipment and cloths for the different kinds of blackcockshock you expect to take part in: swimming, going to the beach, snorkeling, running, partying etc..
- A notebook – you will often like to make some notes of people you meet during vacation etc.
A good up-to-date guidebook about the island with travel tips. Find lists of many good travel guidebooks at IslandVacationTips.com below.
Such a travel checklist is partly a personal choice, partly an essential list of items to include in every packaging checklist.